Please send an email to email@example.com with the following documents, compiled as a single pdf file:
Phase 1 (pre-selection)
- Letter of intent describing the planned research activity (max. 2 pages, min. font size 10 and min. single line spacing, without references) incl. main objective of the Seed Grant, rationale for the proposed project, methodology, timeframe and amount requested
- CV of applicant (1 page); all dates must include month and year
- Description of the applicant’s previous activities relevant for the proposed project and of the expected added-value of the grant for the applicant’s next career step (1 page)
- Publication list
Phase 2 (full proposal, on invitation)
- Detailed research plan (max. 6 pages, with tables and figures but without references, min. font size 10 and min. single line spacing) incl. current state of research, aims, relevance of the proposed project, detailed methodology, planned experiments (if applicable), milestones and timetable, list of other persons involved in the project (if any).
- Detailed budget for the grant period, incl. all requested and available third-party funds; if the grant is meant to cover part of the applicant’s salary, the requested amount must include the social contributions of the employer and be clarified by the applicant with the intended host institution before the submission deadline.
- Updated CV (1 page)
- Updated description of the applicant’s major scientific achievements and previous activities relevant for the proposed project (1 page)
- Career plan describing the added-value of the grant for the applicant’s next career step (1 page)
- Updated publication list
- Up to 2 reference letters (optional)
- Support letter from the host institution providing the necessary infrastructure and guaranteeing the employment of the grantee for the duration of the proposed project (the grant money can be used to cover part of the grantee’s salary)
- If applicable, copy of ethics committee's decision and other authorisations
Incomplete submissions will not be considered.